Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Husband, the Soup Master

We'd been married for 6 months when my husband volunteered to whip up a batch of chicken noodle soup. I rememember thinking, "No way, my husband can make one of the best comfort foods in the world? Brilliant!" It wasn't till I had emptied several bowlfuls that I realized there was no chicken in it - but I didn't miss it at all.

Luke's Recipe:
1 bunch celery, chopped
1 bag of carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
lots of chicken broth (two supersize cans)
1 pound pasta (we like orzo and tri-color rotini)
olive oil
rosemary
sage
thyme
salt and pepper


1. Saute the onion and celery tops in olive oil in the bottom of a large pot until the onion is tender. Remove the celery tops.
2. Fill pot with chicken broth. Add the carrots and celery; bring liquid to a boil and then simmer until veggies are somewhat tender. Add a handful of salt.
3. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Season with rosemary, thyme, sage, salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment