Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another melted cheese idea

After leaving Boston, where my Jewish friends reintroduced me to matzo crackers, I created a great snack standby. Take one matzo cracker, separate a cheese stick into strings and place it on the cracker, and microwave the whole thing for 30 seconds. It's a great snack and super low in calories. Crank it up a healthy notch by using whole wheat matzos. At the last Passover Seder I attended, the hostess extolled the virtue of salted matzo crackers, which I spied on sale today at the grocery store. Wowee - 1 cracker only has 5% of your daily sodium needs, which really is nothing. But it turns this snack into an unleavened superstar!

2 comments:

  1. Just checking but do you mean nuke it for 30 seconds? 30 minutes seems like a while.

    ReplyDelete