Friday, May 15, 2009

It's 90 degrees in Texas

I don't know what it is about summer that compels me to roast veggies at high heat, just long enough to make the kitchen unbearable. Gotta kick the habit. Anyway, my cauliflower never turns out right. Trick was (surprise!) adding more olive oil. I thought it was rather swimming in it, but the results are worth the fat!
Have a great weekend!

Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Florets

Makes 2 healthy servings or 4 small servings

One 2 ½ pound cauliflower, cut into 2-inch florets
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 lemon wedges, for serving


1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil.
2. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender and golden brown.
3. Transfer to plates, garnish with the lemon wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.

Note: If using a 2 pound cauliflower, ¼ cup of oil works well.

3 comments:

  1. Is it seriously good? I've never found cauliflower appetizing. Like the bland version of broccoli to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this blog! You're my hero, Amanda! Thanks for all of the great ideas for things to cook in our Austin kitchen!

    ReplyDelete